Mold Mitigation Myths: Does UV Light Kill Mold?

Mold is a fungus that can be incredibly harmful to humans, causing multiple unpleasant symptoms. Unfortunately, mold is also quite common in our homes and workplaces! Most of the mold killers available on the market are highly saturated with chemicals, making them a messy and potentially risky sanitization option.

Thankfully, mold destruction can come from the power of the sun! UV light is an incredible tool for sanitization. UV rays can be used safely to eliminate mold and mildew without creating ozone. This light, which is beyond visible detection, has even been used to great effect to decontaminate moldy food.

At Tool Klean, our goal is to use the sun’s power to help rid homes and businesses of microorganisms like mold, mildew, other funguses, bacteria, and viruses. We truly believe in the power of UV light for sanitization, and would love to teach you how it works!

What is UV Light?

Ultraviolet light lies beyond the purple edge of the visible light spectrum. The range of ultraviolet light is further classified into subtypes by wavelength, and ultraviolet type C light (200-280 nm) has germicidal qualities. This type C ultraviolet light kills mold and other microorganisms by attacking their DNA or RNA, preventing cell reproduction.

All of our UV sanitizers use 254 nm UVC light, which is the gold standard for pathogen elimination. One of the greatest benefits of treating mold with UV light is that it does not emit heat or ozone, making it a much more environmentally friendly option. Unlike messy sprays, liquids, or strong chemicals, UV lights make sanitization a breeze!

UV Light for Mold & More

While UV lights can indeed kill mold, they have other applications too! UVC light at 254 nm will help you destroy all kinds of microorganisms like fungi, microtoxins, bacteria, and viruses. Our sanitizer lights have been laboratory tested and proven to kill 99.9% of the most difficult-to-destroy bacteria (staph and salmonella) when used as recommended.

Since 2020, we've all learned the importance of keeping each other healthy. UV light is one of the most exciting and powerful ways to protect your health and the health of others. Whether your concern is mold, mildew, or bacteria and viruses, a UV sanitizer will eliminate all the pathogens you're worried about.

Try Our Mold UV Light

UV light does kill mold, and it has many other applications as well. It's important to shop from a trusted source!

All of our products are made in the US, where the EPA and FCC have strict regulations on UV sanitizing tools. We are EPA-certified and have over 6 years of experience producing evidence-based UV sanitizers to provide peace of mind for you and your family.

While mold is an unfortunate problem to have, rest assured that you can destroy it in an eco-friendly, mess-free way. UV light is a powerful way to kill mold and many of the other microorganisms that can make you sick. Choose Tool Klean to naturally sanitize the best and most efficient way.

Kill off mold with our UV sanitizer lamp!

Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published